Life and work look much different for many people right now than it did just a couple months ago. Here are five important things to consider in today’s digital landscape, one that has changed due to the COVID-19 pandemic and will likely continue changing over the coming months.
1. Shopping Online – To respect social distancing standards, avoid long lines and follow stay-at-home orders, online shopping has an elevated place in our new normal. Be aware of its benefits and also its shortcomings.
2. Improved Emails – Most people that can do so have been working remotely and that means they are checking emails like never before. Spice up that plain text email message with images, video clips or clickable buttons to encourage feedback.
3. Content is Key – Many companies have cut back or completely eliminated marketing budgets for the time being. Being able to quickly (and cheaply) create content for websites, social media channels and email marketing efforts will allow you to gain traction and garner additional viewers.
4. Increased Social Media Importance – Businesses like restaurants and dispensaries are trying to survive with delivery and curbside pickup. Many of them simply don’t have the resources for a robust advertising program, so their social media channels become a lifeline to customers. Special menus, extra discounts and sharing updated hours of operation are critical for businesses and consumers.
5. Go Where the Viewers Are – Subscriptions and viewership for services such as Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, YouTube and Disney Plus are up as are ratings for things like the NFL Draft. Utilizing over-the-top (OTT) and digital advertising would be an ideal way to reach these new, potential customers.
COVID-19 has forced us all to reevaluate how we conduct business and interact with people. Brands and organizations that openly embrace the new normal will be ahead of the competition. Now is the time to virtually discuss and plan for future success.
If your company is ready to make changes, go ahead and reach out to the Oster and Associates team. We are available virtually and ready to help.